Thursday, March 13, 2014

Inside things today

Hello, my friends.  Today is one of those "inside days" as the weather has turned cold overnight.  Yesterday it was mild and sunny, today chilly and windy.  Doing "inside things" today, cleaning up a bit, put in a load of laundry and watering my thirsty house plants.



I try to remember to water my plants every week but that doesn't always happen.  I add all-purpose plant food year round, do you?   




 Since Mourning Dove Cottage doesn't have a lot of inside light, I am surprised how well these few plants are doing.  I keep them near different windows in the house.  



My Christmas cactus had beautiful pink flowers this year.  Made me very happy!  


So I'll be doing more inside things today but tomorrow, for sure, I'll be in the garden.  Warmer temps and time to start planting the veggie garden.  

Enjoy your day!  

5 comments:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Looks like you have a green thumb, Donna! It's an inside day here, too...

Babs said...

Donna, It's cold and windy here today, too, even though we're a little south of you. Hubby is outside cutting the dead Bermuda and newly sprouted weeds. Your plants look good and I feed mine year round, too. My Christmas cactus has two buds on it. Guess it got confused. It bloomed a lot at Thansgiving. Enjoy you days at home. Hope today is the last of the wind...keep warm.

Happy@Home said...

Your day sounds just like mine. The washer and dryer are humming and I've been cleaning all day. I even watered my houseplants today. The only difference is I feed mine from April-October and then through the winter months I just water them once a week. Yours all look so healthy so I know they are happy with your TLC.
Enjoy your weekend, Donna.

Kathleen Grace said...

I have a fairly brown thumb...I once killed a cactus from underwatering. Ahem. Maybe I should use a fertilizer too. This has been a whole winter of inside days. I've gotten so much done!

Donna said...

It's rainy and warm here...70's today.
Lets not talk about MY non exist and plants...Hahaaaaa
hughugs