Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Green is good

 
 Do you like kale?  The green leafy vegetable that is so nutritious and good for us.  I must admit I haven't eaten kale in the past, but since I've discovered "kale chips", I'm hooked.  

A simple recipe.  
Tear about 1/2 pound of washed, dried curly kale (ribs removed) into 2-inch pieces.  Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt (or seasoned salt), then spread in a single layer on a wire rack placed atop a cookie sheet.  Bake at 250 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, removing when leaves are crisp but still bright green.  

A crispy salty treat that is so addicting!

Just thought I'd share.

Enjoy your day!


3 comments:

Balisha said...

I know how good it is for me....but I just don't like it. I have tried it many ways, but not this one. I'll give it a try.
Nice to hear from you...hope things are good.
Balisha

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love it in hearty soups. I have not tried the kale chips yet, but they sound good.

Happy@Home said...

I just planted some in my garden. The lady at the garden center told me it would survive the winter. I hope she's right as I keep hearing how super nutritious it is.
Thanks for sharing your recipe. I am bookmarking it to remind me to make it.