Thursday, January 29, 2015

Carbs and sugar


Let's face it, sometimes we just need those carbs and sugar to get us through the dreary cold long days of winter.  I usually eat healthy but I must admit, I still have my cravings, especially in the winter. 
 
Today was one of those days.  I was in the mood for chocolate cake.  So I baked a chocolate cake with vanilla icing and while it was baking the whole house smelled good.  That alone can make one feel happy!  So I poured myself a cup of coffee and enjoyed every single sweet chocolately bite.
 
Then for dinner I made Stromboli with marinara sauce.  Carbs and cheese, yum!  I added a side salad for good measure. 
 
 
Do you crave carbs and sugar over the winter?  Maybe it has something to do with light and seasonal affective disorder (SAD). 
 
Well, tomorrow is another day.  Maybe I'll do healthy tomorrow.     

 

3 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Your cake looks fabulous, Donna! Yes, I seem to want to eat more of everything in the winter. I guess it is partly out of boredom as I am not going pout as much.

Happy@Home said...

Your post today made me smile, Donna. Most likely because I can relate to every word.
I made a big pan of brownies last week for no other reason than I was craving a sweet treat. I do think this time of year contributed to it. More housebound & sometimes a bit bored.
Your cake and stromboli look delicious. Sometimes I think it is good for our health to put aside the guilt and just enjoy each and every bite. After all, as you say, there's always tomorrow :).

Donna said...

I heard hubby rattling around in the kitchen last night...he was baking cookies!Hahaaa
Sugar Fix!
hughugs